Saturday, January 19, 2008

Wedding!

We had such a fun time tromping around in the snow to get these beautiful sealing shots! By the time I got home I was soaked up to my mid-thigh and my hair was wet on one side from laying on the ground to get the temple spire in perspective. Luckily, the six layers of clothing I was wearing kept me plenty warm. In the words of this beautiful bride, "We'll be cold for a bit but the pictures will last forever!"


PS - again, the artistic shots are SO much more fun to blog. That's my icing on the cake for a marvelous photo shoot. But yes, there are plenty of classic, trans-generational photographs of this wedding :)

9 comments:

Jody said...

Your first wedding, right? Congrats! Good job. All the pictures look fantastic!

Stephanie said...

I love them all! Where were you when I got married? If I could still fit into my dress I would fly down there and fake a wedding day so you could take our pictures.

Rachel Eve said...

Oh! These are all so gorgeous! You did SUCH a good job. I like seeing the artsy ones. I really like her flowers!

Alexa said...

Oooh, these are SO great! I actually didn't realize it was you at first, Alaina (I use Google Reader), but thought you were Tim's cousin (joannataylorphotography.blogspot.com) who has been doing this kind of thing quite a bit longer than you! Your skills are improving so fast -- it makes me want to run out and get ourselves a DSLR! ;)

NatAttack said...

Lain--these are gorgeous! I'm SO HAPPY you have a wedding under your belt now. More to come!

Unknown said...

Father of the Bride

I had no idea this was your first wedding. You orhestrated the photo shoot so well. You are a natural.

Camille Kenyon said...

Alaina . . . so gorgeous as always!! Just so you know, you will be my photographer forever!! (Hopefully we will live in the same state when my kids get married!!)

Anonymous said...

Theese are FANTASTIC!! You did an amazing job. What program do you use to achieve the artsy look?? Kudos to you, they are just beautiful!!!

Unknown said...

Alaina, I am so impressed! I was wondering how all those crazy angles from your knees in the snow were going to look. Now I see how truly talented you are. They turned out beautiful! Thank you for capturing this special day.
Carolee
Mother of the Groom