Monday, June 11, 2007

Black and White

Most computer savvy people can convert a picture into black and white using whatever default software is available on their computer.

Being curious, I played with some random images. Here are a few examples of the Default b&w and then a Digital Darkroom b&w creation:



One more: I don't quite know how to describe the difference between the images. I love the look of a vignetted lens (the darkened circle around the edges) but I realize I am starting to overuse it. Not every picture has to be dark at the edge like these.

2 comments:

NatAttack said...

I look dead in that last photo. Death by pink eye!

There's something fun about black and white, isn't there?

Mallory Jan said...

My favorite is the one in the middle. what a cute mother daughter pair!